p plate mid range drink driving

Discuss low, medium and high range drink driving penalties, laws, charges and fines.

Moderators: Victorian Lawyer, Edward80

p plate mid range drink driving

Postby moe95 » December 29th, 2014, 1:13 pm

Hello

I got charged with mid range PCA, BAC of 0.89 and i am on p1. I need my license for my job. I work as a delivery person and my parents are pensioners i sometimes take them to doctor appointment. I have one younger brother age 8 and sister age 7. I am heavily involve in taking them to school, pick them up from school and taking them to sport activities etc. Which my parents cant and not up to date with modern society because we came to australia from refugee camp in thailand. So and my employer is willing to be a reference for keeping me at his work. I know i was very stupid it was christmas eve night had a few drink at friends house. I waited abit to go home and i thought i was ok to drive. So im just wondering if there is any chance that i could keep my lincense. If there is anyone that could give me advice or suggestions i would really appreciate it. Thanks
I was charged in NSW and its my first offence and i am aware of the penalty and fines for mid range pca.

I got charged with mid range PCA, BAmC of 0.89 and i am on p1. I need my license for my job. I work as a delivery person and my parents are pensioners i sometimes take them to doctor appointment. I have one younger brother age 8 and sister age 7. I am heavily involve in taking them to school, pick them up from school and taking them to sport activities etc. Which my parents cant and not up to date with modern society because we came to australia from refugee camp in thailand. So and my employer is willing to be a reference for keeping me at his work. I know i was very stupid it was christmas eve night had a few drink at friends house. I waited abit to go home and i thought i was ok to drive. So im just wondering if there is any chance that i could keep my lincense. If there is anyone that could give me advice or suggestions i would really appreciate it. Thanks
I was charged in NSW and its my first offence and i am aware of the penalty and fines for mid range pca.
moe95

Re: p plate mid range drink driving

Postby Amanda » January 12th, 2015, 2:37 pm

Hi Moe95,

The penalty that you will receive will depend on a number of factors such as your age, traffic record, how long you have been driving for, general character and any mitigating factors.

It is difficult for a Magistrate to consider a section 10 non conviction order for a mid-range PCA matter unless there are special circumstances to warrant leniency.

In you situation, references, including one from your employer, would certainly be needed.

If you would like to contact me on 02 9261 4555 I would be able to speak to you further about your individual circumstances.
Amanda Tsang | Criminal Lawyer | Armstrong Legal
http://www.armstronglegal.com.au/traffic-law/

T (02) 9261 4555
Level 35, 201 Elizabeth Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Amanda

Return to Open Forum